REGISTER NOW FOR SOLAR 2015!
Elizabeth and Robert (AIA, LEED AP BD+C) are the founding co-directors of the Land Art Generator Initiative (LAGI), a worldwide public arts initiative that offers the opportunity for collaborative teams of artists, architects, landscape architects and designers, working with engineers and scientists, to create new ways of thinking about sustainable infrastructures.
American Solar Energy Society's 44th National Solar Conference - at Penn State University in State College, Pennsylvania, July 28th-30th.
- Exploring an Integrative Path to Replicable Net Positive Energy Projects
- SunShot Solar Market Pathways: Deployment at Community and State
- PV, the Future of Transportation and the Grid
- Race to Zero Team Project
- Shine Time 2015 -- Being Part of the Renewable Energy Media and the Message
Access other cutting-edge sessions on topics including:
- Renewable energy integration
- Whole building systems and the solar community
- Smart systems integration
- Energy-water-food nexus
- Transformations in energy education
- And more!
Additionally, we are seeking speakers for switch~ an engaging, rapid-fire format with just five minutes to inspire using 20 auto-advancing slides!
switch~ is a place for energy change-makers to spread leading-edge ideas and network with other clean energy professionals who are driving social change and industry innovation.
To submit, please fill out the form here
by June 29th
. Speakers will be notified by July 6th
The Emerging Professionals Networking Receptionwill feature a mentorship program to connect leading experts and young energy professionals.
AIA continuing education credits will be provided for selected sessions presented at SOLAR 2015
REGISTER TODAY to take advantage of early bird pricing, ending on FRIDAY!
- David Wilhelm, a partner and Chief Strategy Officer at Hecate Energy, Campaign Manager for the 1992 U.S. Presidential campaign of Bill Clinton and former chair of the Democratic National Committee.
- Steve Strong, President, Solar Design Associates, Inc.
- Peter Olmsted, East Coast Director for Vote Solar
- Jeffrey Brownson, Associate Professor of Energy & Mineral Engineering at the Pennsylvania State University
- Robert Ferry & Elizabeth Monoian, founders ofLand Art Generator Initiative
- Karl Rábago, Executive Director of the Pace Energy and Climate Center
- Dave Renne, President of the International Solar Energy Society
- John Perlin, Solar Historian and Author of Let it Shine
Here are just a few of the many other events SOLAR 2015 will offer outside of the technical sessions and exhibition:
- Emerging Architecture Forum:a Super Forum of Solar Decathlon Alumni,Wed July 29th
- Solar Fest 2015:Pack your dancing shoes for this party open to all,Wed July 29th
- ASES' Annual Awards Banquet:Now accepting nominations for Awards and Fellows.Awards Banquet onTue July 28th
- Women in Solar Energy Luncheon:Hear frominfluentialwomen in the field,Wed July 29th
- Run for the Sun:a 5k fun run the first morning of the conference,July 28th
- Solar for Disaster Relief workshop:Thur July 29th
- Happy Valley Solar Tour:Thur July 29th
SOLAR 2015has many other great events as well! Visit thewebsiteto see what else will be offered at the conference.
The University Park campus is located within driving distance of many major cities, including Harrisburg (1.5 hrs., 90 mi.), Pittsburgh (3 hrs., 137 mi.), Philadelphia (3.5 hrs., 194 mi.), Baltimore (3.5 hrs., 155 mi.), Washington, D.C. (4 hrs., 190 mi.), New York City (5 hrs., 250 mi.), and Toronto (6.5 hrs., 304 mi.). See ourVisitors and Neighbors websitefor detailed visitor information, including maps.
The following companies provide bus service between major cities to State College, Pennsylvania:GreyhoundandMegabus.